Introduction to SPSS for Quantitative Analysis
Duration: Two Days
Price: £745 + VAT
Dates: 29 - 30 October 2019
Location: Central London
Our Course Feedback
The tutor was extremely good. I was expecting some of the course to be dry but she was a really engaging and used great examples.
I would definitely recommend this course. The tutor was very good and we have a comprehensive booklet to take away.
Really found it useful that the exercises build from one project specification. Really thought through.
Such a great coverage of topics, but didn't go too far. I really appreciated covering the stats theory along with how to use the software practically.
This two-day course will introduce you to the uses and functions of the statistical software SPSS. It covers data entry, editing, regression, and the basics of analyses and graphs. It's suitable for those with little or no experience of SPSS, or those who want a refresher. This is a practical course that will introduce you to SPSS and its uses for statistical analysis through hands-on experience.
You'll look at the following topics:
- Getting started with SPSS files
- Data entry: manually and from excel
- Editing and organising datasets
- SPSS options and functions
- Descriptive statistics
- Graphical displays
- Parametric significance tests
- Nonparametric significance tests
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- read-in, enter, organise, and save data in a suitable way
- calculate/recode variables and prepare data for analysis
- conduct descriptive and basic inferential statistics
- be familiar with SPSS presentation of statistical output
- create and edit graphical displays of data
For more information or to register your interest in future course dates, please contact us.