Conducting Challenging Performance Conversations: A Practical Workshop for Managers
Duration: 1 Day
Price: £395 + VAT
Dates: 19 November 2018
Our Course Feedback
An excellent course. The skills I learnt will stay with me throughout my career.
This one-day workshop will assist managers in carrying out difficult or challenging conversations with their employees around capability, behaviour or absence.
The workshop will be highly practical and interactive, using professional actor-coaches to enable attendees to practise the skills required in carrying out such conversations in government. As per the recently updated Civil Service guidance on performance management, this course will enable managers to conduct more frequent and impactful performance conversations. Scenarios will be explored in the context of operating within the Civil Service.
The workshop will be very interactive using professional actor-coaches to enable attendees to discuss and practise the skills required in carrying out such conversations in the workplace.
By the end of the workshop attendees will
- Be clear about their role within the Department’s managing poor performance procedures
- Have explored how early intervention and effective coaching can minimise the incidents of poor performance within their teams
- Have worked through how to address a range of ‘typical’ situations which occur within the Department around capability, behaviour or sickness absence
- Be able to identify the most effective behaviours for conducting difficult or challenging conversations with their staff
- Have practised these behaviours and conversations with a professional actor/coach
For more information or to register your interest in future course dates, please contact us.