- Category: Statistical Software for Quantitative Analysis
- Published: Tuesday, 07 July 2020 10:08
- Written by Matt Pye - HWD
This two-day course will introduce you to the uses and functions of the statistical software SPSS. It covers data entry, editing, regression, and the basics of analyses and graphs. It's suitable for those with little or no experience of SPSS, or those who want a refresher. This is a practical course that will introduce you to SPSS and its uses for statistical analysis through hands-on experience.
You'll look at the following topics:
- Getting started with SPSS files
- Data entry: manually and from excel
- Editing and organising datasets
- SPSS options and functions
- Descriptive statistics
- Graphical displays
- Parametric significance tests
- Nonparametric significance tests
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- read-in, enter, organise, and save data in a suitable way
- calculate/recode variables and prepare data for analysis
- conduct descriptive and basic inferential statistics
- be familiar with SPSS presentation of statistical output
- create and edit graphical displays of data
How our virtual classrooms work
Our Virtual Classroom courses allows you to attend our classroom training without leaving your home or office. We use the ‘Microsoft Teams’ meeting software. Before you attend, please check that you meet the system requirements. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department to ask about permitting the website.
You are also welcome to use your personal laptop, tablet or even your smart phone. Please just forward our course invite to your personal email, or just copy and paste the link into your browser.
If you encounter any problems, please feel free to get in touch. We can set up a test meeting before the course.